Please review this information carefully.
Important information about our use of our clients’ information.
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the laws of the State of New Jersey, generally, prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices describing the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed. The laws of this State further require that we inform you that we may not share your personal information with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law unless we obtain your affirmative permission. We at KRA Insurance Agency, Inc. have always been committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you have provided to us. The following notice clarified our privacy policies and practices as a result of this new law.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- As part of the insurance service we provide for our clients (“you”), we will collect nonpublic personal information about you from sources other than you, including, without limitation, sources such as (i) applications and other documentation that you complete at our request; (ii) past transactions that you have had with us, our affiliates or others; (iii) consumer reporting agencies; (iv) medical records and medical professionals; and (v) the Division of Motor Vehicles.
- With respect to any information that by way of a credit report or other consumer investigative report we obtain from a third party, you should be aware that: (i) you have the right to request to be interviewed in connection with the preparation of such a report; (ii) upon request, you are entitled to receive a copy of such report; and (iii) the information obtained from the such reports may be retained by such parties and disclosed to other persons.
- In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the following reasons: (i) to third parties if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function on our behalf ( i.e., assist in the processing and servicing of your account); (ii) to an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction, or to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you; (iii) to an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities; or (iv) with others as permitted by law.In addition to those circumstances listed above, and unless you tell us not to, we may disclose certain information about you to third parties whose only use of the information will be for purposes of marketing a product or service. Under no circumstances will we disclose for marketing purposes any (i) medical information; (ii) information relating to a claim for benefit or, a civil or criminal proceeding involving you; or (iii) personal information relating to your character, personal habits, mode of living, financial status or general reputation. Our standards for disclosure and maintenance of the confidential nature of your personal information apply whether you are a current or former customer.
- You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within two (2) years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to review such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
(a) To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to KRA Insurance Agency, Inc., 871 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, New Jersey 07081. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within thirty (30) business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
(b) To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing to KRA Insurance Agency, Inc., 871 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, New Jersey, 07081. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within thirty (30) business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge. If you are still not satisfied with our evaluation, you have the right to place a statement in our files explaining why you believe the information is incorrect, and we will, if appropriate, send a copy of your statement to all parties to whom we previously disclosed the information and include it in any future disclosures.
- We recognize the need to protect the information we collect from you from unauthorized access and accordingly restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. We require any person to whom access to your information to protect such information from inappropriate access, disclosure, use and modification.
Request a Consultation
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Go over your options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.